Associate Dean, Director of Center for Risk Management and Actuarial StudiesE-mail:
Ph.D. in Demography, Renmin University of China, PRC, 1993.
M.A. in Economics, Department of Statistics, Mid-South Finance and Economics University, Wuhan, China, 1988.
B. A. in Economics, Department of Statistics, Finance and Economics College of Inno-Moglio, China, 1985.
1988-1990: Department of Finance, Hubei Finance College, Wuhan
1993-present: Department of Statistics, Renmin University of China, Beijing
1、"The Study on Pension System Reform in China", Fox Ying Dung Education Foundation, July 1997 to July 1999.
2、"The Study on Social Security Actuarial Models and its Application in China", Social Science of the Ministry of Education, Oct. 1998 to Oct. 2001.
3、"International Comparative Study on the Actuarial Reporting System of Life Insurance", AMP Center Foundation, Oct. 1999 to Oct. 2001.
4、"Exposure Rating of Life Insurance Company in China", National Social Science Foundation, Oct. 2000 to Oct. 2002.
5、"The Actuarial Education System in China", Renmin University of China Foundation, Dec. 2000 to June 2001.
6、"International Analysis for Life Insurance Accounting System", AMP Center Foundation, Oct. 2002 to Oct. 2004.
7、"Pension System in China: Financial and Actuarial Governance" Ministry of Education Foundation, 2002-2005.
8、"Social Pension Actuarial System in Guangdun Province", ING foundation, , 2003-2004.
9、"Actuarial Valuation for Old Age Security System in Changcun", Financial Department of Changcun, 2003-2004.
10、"Studies on Statistical and Actuarial System for Chinese Social Security", Ministry of Education Foundation, 2005-2008.
11、"Actuarial Governance for Old Age Pension in China", National Social Science Foundation, 2005-2008.
12、"Occupational Pension Model in China: Design, Management and Governance for DB Pension Plan", National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2006-2008.
13、“Social Pension System Short-Term Projections Model and Application in China”, Ministry of Finances. 2005-2007.
14、“Actuarial Report System for Social Pension System in China”, Ministry of Finances. 2005-2007.
15、“Actuarial Standard Studies for DB Pension System in China”, Insurance Association of China, 2005.10-2007.12
16、 “Developing Institutional Capacity for China’s Research And Actuarial Division of Ministry of Finance”, World Bank Grant, Domestic Consultant.
17、“Government Guarantee Risk of Chinese Pension System”, Ministry of Education, 2010-2013.
18、“Integration Models and Applications of Social Security Accounting, Actuarial and Budgeting in China”, Ministry of Education, 2010-2013.
19、“Research on Social Security Budgeting Management”, National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2012-2015.
20、“Population Aging and Social Pension Sustainable Development”, National Social Science Foundation, 2013-2018
21、“Long term Actuarial Analysis for Chinese Social Pension System”, Ministry of Finance, 2014
22、“Longevity Risk and Mortality Improvement”, China life Reinsurance Company, 2014
Undergraduate Class: Life Contingency, Actuarial Control Cycle
Graduate Class: Pension Mathematics, Actuarial Theory and Practice, Actuarial Principles for Social Security
Life Contingence, Pension, Health Care, Social Security, Ageing and Longevity Risk
Publications (after year 2000)
1. Xiaojun Wang, "Pension System in China and Its Actuarial Evaluation", Economic Science Press, 2000.
2. Xiaojun Wang, "Actuarial Principle for Social Security System", China Renmin University Press, 2000.
3. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Reporting System and Risk Rating for Life Insurance”. Report for National Social Science Foundation. 2004.
4. Xiaojun Wang, “Life Contingence”, China Renmin University Press, 2005.
5. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Report for Social Pension in Guangdong”, China Financial and Economic Publishing House, 2006.
6. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Mathematics”, China Renmin University Press, 2006.
7. Xiaojun Wang, Chinese Translation Version “Actuarial Control Cycle” China Renmin University Press. 2006.
8. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Theory and Practice”, China Renmin University Press, 2007.
9. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Principle and Practice for Social Pension System”, Labor and Social Security Press.2008.
10. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Principle and Practice for Social Pension System”, China Renmin University Press, 2009.
11. Xiaojun Wang, “Actuarial Management for Social Pension System: Theory, Model and Application”, Science Press, 2011.
1. Xiaojun Wang, Zhenggao Cai, “Applicability of Hedging Longevity Risks in China”, Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 2008 Dalian, China. 2008.07
2. Xiaojun Wang, Zhen Qian. “The Analysis of China Fiscal Expenditure on Social Security”. The Second International Statistics Conference.2009.7
3. Xiaojun Wang, Shunlin Huang, Zhenggao Cai, “Discussion of Occupational Pension Design During the Accumulation Phase Based on the Value-at-Risk in China, 2009 APRIA Beijing Conference, 2009.07.
4. Shunlin Huang, Xiaojun Wang, “Discussion of Occupational Pension Plan Design during the Accumulation Phase and ES Risk Assessment”, Conference Proceedings of 2009 International Institute of Applied Statistics Studies, Qingdao, China , July 24-29：1187-1194.
5. Xiaojun Wang,”China`s Social Pension Systems: Problems and Future Challenges”. 4th International Colloquium of the IAA Pensions, Benefits and Social Security Section (PBSS), October 4-6 2009 in Tokyo, Japan.
6. Xiaojun Wang, “Projection for Social Pension System in China”, July 14-15,2009，SIC and OECD Conference in Beijing.
7. Xiaojun Wang, “Understate Risk on Expenditure of Chinese Social Pension System”, July 10-12, 2010, International Forum on Statistics, Renmin University of China.
8. Xiaojun Wang, “Chinese Pension System: Solvency Problem and Reform”, Forum on Risk Management and Actuarial Science, Oct. ,20-21, 2010, Renmin University of China
9. Xiaojun Wang, “Solvency and Sustainability of Chinese Public Pension Systems”, Italy-China Joint Workshop on Risk Evaluation and Insurance Techniques for Social Security Management, Florence, 13 January, 2012.
10. Xiaojun Wang,”Population Ageing and The Financial Sustainability of Social Pension System in China”, 2012.7.18-21
11. Xiaojun Wang, “Mortality Improvement and Longevity Risk: Implication for Insurance Company in China”, SOA Annual Symposium, 5-6 November, 2012, Shanghai, China.
12. Xiaojun Wang, China`s pension deficit: ten myth for old age insurance in China, Nankai University conference on actuarial science, Tianjin, 2013.11.17
13. Xiaojun Wang, Dilemma and development thinking for commercial pension insurance, insurance hot topic dialogue, China insurance newspaper, Beijing, 2014.12.18
14. Xiaojun Wang, longevity risk and old age insurance, risk management and insurance finance conference at MingChuan University, Taipei, 2015.6.29
15. Xiaojun Wang, longevity risk measurement and management, international conference on insurance and actuarial science at University of International Business and Economics, Beijing, 2015.7.11-12
16. Xiaojun Wang, Ge Shan, raising retirement age and old age insurance financial sustainability, China insurance and risk management annual conference, Hangzhou, 2015.7.15-18
17. Xiaojun Wang, Pension Deficit in China: measurement, scope and suggestion, China risk management and actuarial science forum, Shanghai, 2015.11.25
18. Xiaojun Wang, Delay retirement age, actuarial fairness and actuarial balance for Chinese pension system, actuarial theory and practice conference in Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing, 2016.2.25
19. Xiaojun Wang, pension supply and life annuity design for China, international conference on insurance and actuarial science at University of International Business and Economics, Beijing, 2016.7.9
20. Xiaojun Wang, health insurance actuarial management, conference on chronic disease, Chinese Preventive Medicine Association, Beijing, 2016.9.2
21. Xiaojun Wang, social insurance actuarial balance: principle, method and practice, workshop on social insurance actuarial balance, Hangzhou, Ministry of Finance, 2017.3.28-29
22. Xiaojun Wang, Dilemma of Chinese life annuity, Nankai University conference on actuarial science, Tianjin, 2017.7.3